NOCO Genius GX4820 48V 20A UltraSafe Battery Charger
The GX4820 is a high-frequency, high-efficiency industrial battery charger for electric vehicles, like a golf cart, scissor lift, pallet jack, floor care machine or utility vehicle. It represents the latest technology for fast and efficient battery charging with multiple charging modes at a push of a button. It's universally adaptable design allowed for global use with replaceable A/C and D/C cables and designed for all types of deep-cycle lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries. The NOCO Genius GX4820 48V 20A is suitable for both on and off board applications
NOCO Genius GX4820 48V 20A Battery Charger Specifics:
- For Use With: 48V Flooded, AGM, GEL, Lithium Batteries
- Type of Charger: 9 Step, Fully Automatic, Switch-Mode
- Charging Current: 20A
- Charging Modes: Normal, Li-Ion, Repair, and Supply
For more in-depth information on the NOCO GX4820 charger, click on the technical Specs or Features tab above.
NOCO GX4820 Battery Charger Features
UltraSafe Industrial Charger
Charge fully drained batteries up to 425ah. Waterproof and Tamperproof.
Perfect for industrial vehicles, high-powered tools, daily use vehicles and more.
Ultra-compact, rugged, tamperproof, and waterproof, the NOCO GX4820 industrial charger can be mounted directly onto a variety of surfaces or equipment. Features spark proof technology and reverse polarity protection. Charges 2X faster than ordinary chargers. Stay connected 24/7 with zero overcharge.
- Firewall - Multilevel safety barrier prevents unsafe and abnormal conditions
- Energy Save - Minimizes energy consumption when full power is not needed
- Recovery - Applies a high-voltage pulse charge when low-voltage, sulfation, or lost capacity is detected
- Optimization - Stabilizes internal battery chemistry for increased performance and longevity
- Interactive - Alters the charging process based on organic battery feedback.
- Rugged - Dirt, water, UV, impact and crush resistant
- Maintenance Plus - Keeps the battery fully charged without over-charging, indefinitely
- Safe - Protects against reverse polarity, sparks, over-charging, over-current, open-circuits and overheating
- Opportunity Charge - Designed to rapidly charge batteries in applications where charging is intermittent between use
NOCO GX4820 Charging Modes
- Standby - No Power. In standby mode, the charger is not charging or providing any power to the battery. Energy Save is activated during this mode, drawing microscopic power form the electrical outlet. When selected, an orange LED will illuminate.
- 48V NORM - For charging 48 volt Wet Cell, Gel Cell, Enhanced Flooded, Maintenance-Free and Calcium batteries. When selected, a white LED will illuminate.
- 48V Cold/AGM - For charging 48 volt batteries in cold temperatures below 50F (10C) or AGM batteries. When selected, a blue LED will illuminate.
- AGM+ - For charging advanced AGM batteries which requires a higher than normal charging voltage. When selected a blue LED will illuminate.
- Li-Ion - For charging lithium-ion batteries, including lithium iron phosphate. When selected a blue LED will illuminate.
- Repair - An advanced battery recovery mode for repairing and storing old, idle, damaged, stratified or sulfated batteries. When selected, a red LED will illuminate and flash.
- Supply - Converts to a DC power supply. When selected, a red LED will illuminate.
- Analyze - Checks the battery's initial condition including voltage, state-of-charge and health
- Diagnose - Uses the data collected in the Analyze step to determine if the battery is stable before charging
- Recovery - Initializes the recovery desulfation process (if needed) for deeply discharged or sulfated batteries by pulsing small amounts of current
- Initialize - Starts the charging process with a gentle (soft) charge
- Opportunity - Places a short rapid charge into the battery in applications where charging is intermittent between use
- Bulk - Begins the bulk charging process based on the condition of the battery and returns 80% of the battery's capacity
- Absorption - Brings the charge level to 90% be delivering small amounts of current to provide a safe, efficient charge. This limits the battery gassing and is essential to prolonging battery life.
- Optimization - Finalizes the charging process and brings the battery to maximum capacity. In this step, the charger utilizes multi-layered charging profiles to fully recapture capacity and optimize the specific gravity of the battery for increased run time and performance. The charger will switch to Maintenance if the battery tells the charger that more current is needed.
- Maintenance - Continuously monitors the battery to determine when a maintenance charge should be initiated. If the battery voltage falls below its target threshold, the charger will restart the Maintenance cycle until voltage reaches its optimal state and then discontinues the charge cycle. The cycle between Optimization and Maintenance is repeated indefinitely to keep the battery at full charge. The battery charger can be safely left connected indefinitely without the risk of overcharging.
|Input Voltage||AC 110-240 VAC, 50-60Hz|
|Working Voltage||AC 85-240 VAC, 50-60Hz|
|Back Current Drain||<5mA|
|Operating Temperature||- 20°C to +50°C|
|Charger Type||9 Step, Fully Auto, Switch-Mode|
|Type of Batteries||48V Lead-Acid & Lithium|
|Battery Chemistries||Wet, Gel, MF, AGM, EFB, LIB|
|Battery Capacities||55-425Ah, Maintains All Battery Sizes|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||12 x 8.5 x 3.9 Inches|